Before we moved, my parents would have Baby bear for sleepovers on a regular basis. However, since we have moved last year, no one has had him overnight. So when Daddy Bear suggested to let his parents have Baby Bear for a sleepover. 

Of course, I wanted Baby bear to have a sleepover with his Nanny and Grandad. But on the other hand, I have got so used to having Baby Bear with us every night it was a big decision for me. I couldn’t even tell you why it was a big thing for me. I trust my in-laws 100% with Baby bear and I knew he would have the best time. I just struggled with the idea of not having him with us at first. 

Even though, I said yes to the idea when Daddy Bear suggested it to me. It took me at least a week to actually get my head around him spending the night away. However, as soon as I got my head around the idea and we asked his parents, I got excited. I wasn’t excited to not have him but I was excited for him and my in-laws. It was nice to see how excited he was when we told him about his sleepover. 

The closer we got to the day we were dropping Baby bear off, the more mixed emotions I was having. Needless to say, I told Daddy Bear many times I wasn’t sure about leaving him and that I changed my mind. 

I know when I comes to Baby bear I can be very protective. So I probably really annoyed my mother-in-law on the days before they were due to have him. I’m the mumma who likes to make sure everything is in place ready for him or it makes me anxious. I’m trying to work on being more laid back about him but it’s not an easy thing for me. 

When we dropped Baby bear off I found it so hard to just leave while he was awake. I felt like I needed to settle him before we left, even though everyone told me he was alright and they wanted to put him to bed. 

My worry is that he would be very unsettled even though I know he cries for 5 minutes after we leave then he is absolutely fine. I know this completely. He loves his grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousin so he was so excited to spend time with them. 

I found it reassuring to text my mother-in-law before I went to bed to check he was okay once we had left and gone to bed. Once I knew he was completely fine and was asleep I found it a lot easier to fall asleep. The next morning, my mother-in-law stopped past my mums. She came to collect the pram for Baby bear as she was taking him out for the day for some quality time with her and his aunties and cousin. It was nice as I could speak to her face-to-face about how he was doing. 

Baby bear loved spending the night with his nanny and grandad which makes me happy and that’s all that matters. Baby bear has 2 amazing sets of grandparents and we are super lucky for that.

Baby bear and nanny
Baby bear and Nanny.